The ‘Lindenbauernkapelle’ Chapel was built in Lindau, Zell am Moos from 1820-1830 and named after a lime tree farmer who lived alongside.
Today it is owned by the community of Zell am Moos. However, the small chapel is still looked after by a lime tree farmer.
The lime tree was once deemed to be a holy tree by the Germanic people who believed it to be inhabited by good spirits who would bring comfort and support to anyone who passed by.
In 1885, the chapel was struck by a fire. It was subsequently rebuilt using the remaining stonework.