St. Conrad church
The Konradchurch is one of the oldest church in Austria and is consecrated to Heiligen Martin
The church of St. Conrad was permitted to have a portable altar in a papal document dating from 1427 so that services could be held outside the church if there were lots of pilgrims present. This fact proves that pilgrimages to the church of St. Conrad were very common and that the church was included on the route taken by pilgrims travelling from the north to St. Wolfgang via Mondsee.
The main altar in the church of St. Conrad comes from the former hospital church in Mondsee. The European "Via Nova" pilgrimage route runs through Metten in Deggendorf (Bavaria) via Mondsee and ends in St. Wolfgang. From Mondsee the route also leads to Oberwang. The numerous churches in the Mondsee region show that the energy of this area was also recognized during the age of the monastery and that pilgrims, amongst others, came here to seek strenght.
Opened in July and August on Sunday afternoons from 2-5pm. Group visits can be arranged at any time.
- Suitable for groups
- Suitable for kids (all ages)
Please get in touch for more information.